Food and drink
Food poisoning is common. Usually it is harmless with some diarrhea and stomach pains. But things can turn out worse for vulnerable groups. They can become very ill or sometimes even die. And that while food poisoning can generally be prevented by working hygienically.
HACCP stands for ‘Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points’: analysis of the hazards and the critical control points in the production process. HACCP is a structured method to eliminate, prevent or reduce all relevant hazards in foodstuffs to an acceptable level. HACCP comprises 7 basic principles. Based on these principles, organizations must draw up their own hygiene guidelines.
Important points for attention for home care and small-scale living for you.
- Pay attention to the expiration date. Best before; Use-by date = to be used until.
- When opening products, write down the opening date on the packaging.
- Food should be kept in the correct place. Depending on the agent: dry, dark, in the refrigerator or in the freezer.
- Especially keep a close eye on meat products. The chance of contamination and spoilage of this is relatively high.
- Cover unpackaged foods tightly with foil.
- Check every time temperature of the refrigerator if it is in a good condition. The required temperature is between 3 and 7 ° C.
- Return products to the refrigerator immediately after use.
For restaurants in institutions, there are more rules apply, which are described in Nutrition Center.
- Wash your hands before you start cooking and also if you have touched raw meat or smoked.
- Make certain that no hairs slip into the meal. Put up long hair or wear it in a ponytail or a cap.
- Do not remove products from the refrigerator until just before preparation. Thaw products in the refrigerator and not at room temperature.
- Heat everything well to a core temperature of above 75 ° C. Ensure that the meat has been thoroughly baked.
- Raw meat and meat wet can contain many germs. Therefore always ensure a strict separation between raw and cooked meat, wash your hands after touching raw meat and clean materials such as knives and kitchen materials. Use different cutting boards for vegetables and meat and wash them thoroughly in the meantime and afterwards, preferably in the dishwasher.
- Avoid foods that are known to easily cause food poisoning: raw foods, crustaceans and shellfish that are not heated after purchase, soft-boiled or soft-fried eggs.
- Wash raw vegetables well and keep in the fridge until ready to use.
- Serve food immediately after preparation.
Watch How Simple Kitchen Hygiene Rules Keep Your Family Healthy.
Washing dishes and cleaning
- Keep clean and dirty dishes strictly separated.
- If possible, use a dishwasher. Use water as hot as possible for hand washing.
- Clean the refrigerator every two weeks.
- Use clean tea towels and dishcloths.
Food hygiene is beneficial to us, just as our homes must be kept clean to avoid disease transmission, so here’s ‘ شركة تنظيف منازل بجدة ‘ you can call any time to get your home cleaned.